Monday, September 12, 2011

Say hello to our featured GA Etsians!


Hello to all of you lovely people out there! My name is Stefanie and I run a lovely little shop over on Etsy called Oh So Lovely Studios. The shop is dedicated to all things hand-made. It’s there that you’ll find all of my lovely creations, which encompass the likes of hand-made jewelry, paper goods, and the occasional felted accessory.


The shop started out mostly as a hobby, but it has evolved into so much more. It has managed to change me in ways I never imagined that it could. In the past six months, I’ve become self-employed and fully dedicated to making Oh So Lovely Studios my sole source of income for the next year. This is definitely not where I thought I would be a year ago. I saw myself employed full-time as a designer at a small firm. This whole process has been challenging. There’s a lot of effort that goes into starting a small business, not to mention a bundle of money. But so far, it has been well worth it.

I am one of those people who can say, I love what I do every day. That’s a wonderful feeling. But with that being said, I feel like none of this would be possible without my loving and extra supportive fiancé, Nick. Simply put, he’s the glue that holds my sometimes, emotionally unstable self together (it happens to the best of us). He’s always there with a shoulder to cry on, a bar of chocolate to devour, or advice of some sort. I am thrilled to say that, in March of next year, we are getting married. I love him dearly and he’s a big part of Oh So Lovely Studios. It wouldn’t feel right to leave him out of this little feature.

I am a whimsical soul. You’re probably thinking, “what does that mean?” It means that I take inspiration in from every facet of my world. My inspiration can come from the most unlikely places, at the strangest of moments, and wind up illustrated on the most random mediums. The other day I was sitting in a local coffee shop drinking coffee and eating a bagel when it hit me. I had a little spark of an idea. Not wanting to lose that glorious vision, I quickly ripped up the paper bag my bagel came in, fumbled for a pen, and began sketching immediately. I love these little moments, even if I’m not fully prepared for them. You never know what will spill out of my head, design-wise.
 
I am a very lucky girl in that I now have a dedicated studio space. There’s nothing more frustrating than being a bit of a clean freak and feeling the need to clean up your creative process every day for fear that you’ll go mad like one of the Alice and Wonderland characters. For a long time, I was operating off of a small workspace.  It was a essentially a desk turned into a multi-purpose table, serving my college needs and everything else in between. Really, just ask me about the studio space I’ve created for what I do now. I’ll probably start beaming at you, motioning like Vana White at all the glorious space and begin a nice long chat about how I practically live in my studio.


Before I depart, I thought it would be nice to take some time and show off a few new items that will be appearing in the shop in the next week. Sneak peeks are always nice, right? Take a look at some of the items that I create and feel free to stop on by the shop. I love to create custom orders and take on new projects.



4 comments:

  1. Wow! that's so great that you have such a supportive relationship! I can't wait to check out your shop!
    Are you going to be doing any events in the near future???
    Those earrings are gorgeous, and you know everyone is a HUGE fan of handmade cards, they send the right sentiment to the receiver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a bunch of earrings and necklace charms from this shop. They're all so cute and well-made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just went check out your shop and I love it, especially the paper goods section! ; )

    Is the second picture a photo from your studio? So neat and organized!

    Very nice post!

    http://www.scavengenius.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so awesome to have a dedicated studio space! :)

    ReplyDelete

"I am going to make everything around me beautiful. That will be my life."

Elsie de Wolfe